You can see and update all of your account settings in one place
Click on the My Menu icon and select My Settings
Add or update optional personal details and photo
If you choose to add this information, your name, tagline, and profile photo will display on your Profile, where it is visible to other members. Please avoid using the following characters: @ (at sign), / (forward slash), " or ' (quotation marks).
Your email address does not display anywhere on the Freecycle.org website. As a temporary measure while we work through updates to our online messaging system, your email address does appear on the notifications other members who reply to messages you send them via email or online.
Need to change your username? Click here for information on changing your username
- Set your closest Town as your Home Town.
- Add a more specific location or neighborhood so people picking up items know approximately where you are.
- Enter your approximate location to help other members get an idea of how far they would have to travel to pick up your item. This can be your neighborhood, or town (if your Freecycle town group covers a large area). Some groups may ask you to put your post code in thiis field.
- The location you enter here will appear in the Location field when you fill in the Make a Post form.
- Your location cannot include a phone number, email address, the @ sign, or a full street address.
Set email preferences for each Town you belong to as well as Friends messaging and system notifications.
We'd be sorry to see you go, but you can click this button to permanently delete your account
Just want to remove yourself from a group and remain a Freecycle member? Here's how to do it.