We're thrilled that you want to join the Freecycle.org community. To sign up:
Go to https://freecycle.org and click on the Sign up button
- Choose a username. Please note that your chosen username will display to other members on the website and in emails.
- Your username must be made up of letters and numbers only, with no spaces in between.
- If you see a message that your username is already in use, try adding numbers to the end or choosing another username. You MUST use the tab key or click into another field of the form for the system to re-check the username, or the "username in use" message will continue to display.
- Add your email address
- If your email address has a " -" (hyphen), you may not be able to create an account because our system will see it as a duplicate if there is a already a similar address without the hyphen. If you have (or can create) another email address, it would be best to use that to sign up.
- Choose a password and enter your password again to confirm
- Some members experience an issue when they allow their browser to auto-fill the password. If the Sign Up button doesn't turn green, try typing in a password instead of auto-filling.
- Click the Sign up button and you are on your way to saving the planet one gift at a time!
Linking your Freecycle account to your Facebook account is completely optional. If you want to do it, See here.
Before you can make your first post or send your first message, you'll need to join one or more Local Town Groups and/or add some friends.
Helpful Hint: To prevent Freecycle emails from being marked as Spam by your email provider, please add email@example.com to your contact list/address book.