Problem with password reset
Here's what to do if you have problems with Password Reset
If you have not received the password reset email
- Check your bulk/spam/junk folder for email from: freecycle.org. If you find mail there, mark it as Not Spam, which should move it to your inbox.
- Even if you don't find our mail in your spam folder, please follow these steps to prevent Freecycle emails from being marked as spam in the future
If you are not able to get to the password reset form, or not able to submit it
- If you experience a "loop" back to the login or password reset screen OR if you receive a message that your information is "not recognized" or "already in use," this indicates that you have old Freecycle cookies stuck in your browser. You will need to follow these steps to remove Freecycle cookies from your browser.
After taking one or both of the above steps, request another password reset
- Go to https://www.freecycle.org/login/forgotten_password
- Look for an email from us and follow the instructions in the email.
- Clear any existing data from the password boxes and enter your preferred new password into both boxes. Passwords are case-sensitive, so you must enter them exactly as you originally created them.
- Please note you can only click on the password reset link in the email one time. If you need to do it again, you will need to request a new password reset.