Join or add a Town
Join a Town group to make and reply to posts in your local area
From any Freecycle.org page, scroll to the dark area at bottom of the page and click on Find a Town
- Type the name of a town/city, state/province (please type out the whole name rather than using the abbreviation), country into the Find Towns search box and click the search icon. Please note that zip/postal code search is no longer available. You can use the interactive map to easily find Towns near you.
- Review the list of results and click on the name of the Town group you want to join to go to the Town page.
- Click the Join Town button and that's it! You're now a member of this Town and you can start posting and replying.
Use our interactive map:
- Click Map
- Locate your general geographic area on the map. You'll see pointers and dots with numbers representing Freecycle Town groups in the area. Zoom in closer and you will see green pointers representing the individual Town groups.
- Click on a green pointer to see the name of the Town group.
- Click on the name of the Town Group to go to the Town group page
- If this is the Town Group you want to join, click the Join Town button and that's it! You're now a member of this Town group and you can start posting and replying.
Please note that some Town groups prefer to approve new members. If your membership is pending moderator approval, you will see this noted on your My Towns page. You should hear from the moderators, or see that you have been approved within a few days.
You can repeat this process to add more Towns. Members of multiple Towns need to designate their most local Town as their Home Town.