Join a Town group
Join a Town group to make and reply to posts in your local area
- From any Freecycle.org page, click on My Towns
- On the My Towns page, click on Want to join another town? Find more here.
From List view:
- Type the name of a town/city, state/province, country or postal code into the Find Towns search box and click the search icon
- Review the list of results and click on the name of the Town group you want to join to go to the Town page
- Click the Join Town button and that's it! You're now a member of this Town and you can start posting and replying.
From Map view:
- Locate your general geographic area on the map. You'll see yellow and blue dots with numbers representing Freecycle Town groups in the area. Zoom in closer and you will see green pointers representing the individual Town groups.
- Click on a green pointer to see the name of the Town group
- Click on the name of the Town Group to go to the Town group page
- If this is the Town Group you want to join, click the Join Town button and that's it! You're now a member of this Town group and you can start posting and replying.
Please note that some Town groups prefer to approve new members. If your membership is pending moderator approval, you will see XXX. You should hear from the moderators, or see that you have been approved within a few days.
You can repeat this process to join multiple local Towns. Members of multiple Towns need to designate their most local Town as their Home Town.