Make a post
Making a post for an Offer or Wanted item is easy, and there are some great new options
To get started, log in at https://my.freecycle.org/ and click on the Make a Post button at the top of any page
To Post to your Local Town group:
- Select Town Group
- Choose a Town group to post to (required field)
- Select type of post by clicking on Offer or Wanted (required field)
- Give your post a title that lets readers know what you are offering or asking for (required field)
- Upload up to three (3) pictures by clicking anywhere in the photo upload box and selecting photos
- Add your neighborhood, area, or nearest cross street to let others know approximately where you are located. Please do not include your street address or email address. You can set a default location in My Settings.
- Add a longer description that gives a really good idea of what you are offering or asking for (required field)
- Select one or more tags. This will help people find your item in searches and ensure it's included in alerts.
- Click Post Item
To post the same item to another group: follow the above steps again and select another group. You may see a message warning you that you are about to make a duplicate post, but you can ignore it and click Post Item to make the second post.
To Post to your Friends Circle:
- Select Friends Circle
- Select type of post by clicking on Offer, Wanted, Lend or Borrow (required field)
- Complete the post as described above
Made a mistake? Want to edit your post or add more photos? Now you can edit your posts.
Now you can see replies to your posts online. See here for more information.