Contact Town moderators
When your question is about something happening in your Freecycle Town, including when your post will be approved, your volunteer moderators are the best people to answer it. Here's how to communicate with them.
Some things your moderators can help with:
- When will my post be approved?
- How long does a post stay on the town page before it expires?
- What is allowed/not allowed to be posted?
- Reporting a concern about another member.
- Help with setting or resetting email preferences.
To send a message to a Town group's moderator, please follow all steps:
- Go to https://freecycle.org and log in if necessary.
- Click the My Menu icon and select My Towns.
- On the My Towns page, Click on the name of the Town whose moderators you want to send a message to. This will open the Town Page.
- On the Town page, Click on the Message Moderators button just below the Town name.
- Type your message in the box and click the Send button.
- You will see a confirmation that your message was sent in the top-right corner of the screen. Click View your thread and you will be taken to My Messages, where you can view your message.
Help your moderators help you by making sure your message includes the following
- Post ID (if asking about a post)
- Member Username and/or email address (if writing about another member)
- Any other details that might help them answer your question.
To view the moderator's response
- When your moderator responds, there will be a number next to the messages icon.
- Click on the icon, then select Contact Moderator, and click on the arrow next to the name of the Town see your moderator's response.
- You can reply by typing a reply in the box and clicking the Send button.