Problems getting into Modtools
If you are having trouble getting into Modtools, here are some things to try:
There are a few ways to get to Modtools. If one isn't working for you, try the others:
- Click the M icon on the main Freecycle website and select the name of your town. Make sure you're logged in.
- Go directly to modtools using this URL: https://moderator.freecycle.org/
- Click on a link in a pending member or post email.
- If you used a bookmarked URL, please try the methods above. If one of them works, you'll need to reset your bookmark.
- If you have another device, please try that to see if it makes a difference.
Still can't get in?
Clear the Freecycle cookies from your browser and try again.
- Open Chrome on your computer
- Click. Settings.
- Click Security and Privacy.
- Click Site settings.
- On the web browser, click the Firefox menu and select Options.
- In Options window, select the Content tab.
- In Options window, click on the OK button to close it.
- Click on the Reload current page button on the web browser to refresh the page.
If you continue to experience issues, click the orange question mark at the bottom-right of any Modtools page or send an email to email@example.com and give us the following info:
- Which of the methods above you tried to access Modtools
- If you clicked on a link and couldn't get in, the URL you clicked on
- What you saw on screen for each method, including any error messages you saw
- What device(s) and operating system/version(s) you used
Last updated September 13, 2022