Remove Freecycle cookies from popular browsers
If you receive an error message saying username, email or password is "in use" or is not recognized OR you experience a "loop" back to the login page, you probably have Freecycle cookies stuck in your browser.
Here are instructions for removing them from several popular browsers
Google Chrome (computer)
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Click Privacy and security and then Third Party Cookies.
- At the top right, search for Freecycle.
- When Freecycle is displayed, click Clear Displayed Data
- To confirm, click Clear.
- Click the application menu icon at the top-right of the page (looks like three horizontal lines)
- Click Settings, then select Privacy and Security from the left menu
- Scroll down to the Cookies and Site Date section, then click Manage Data
- Search for Freecycle
- When the results display, click Remove all shown
- Click Save
Microsoft Edge (computer)
- Open Microsoft Edge and select Settings and more > Settings > Cookies and site permissions > Cookies and site data.
- Select See all cookies and site data.
- Search for the site's cookies you want to remove.
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy
- Click Manage Website Data, select Freecycle
- Click Remove
Here's how to clear information from your Apple device:
- Go to Settings > Safari
- Tap Clear History and Website Data
More info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Google Chrome (Android phone)
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app
- At the top right, tap More (3 dots).
- Tap History and then Clear browsing data. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.