Handling messages from Town members
Handling messages from your Town members just got better
- No more searching for emails, or wondering if you've missed something: you will be able to read, reply to, and track all messages originating with members, including reports of inappropriate posts in your Town, online.
- You and your co-mods will be able to see who replied to each message.
- Mods who want to initiate a message to a member still need to use ModTools, and those messages will not display online in My Messages. Click here for more info.
Receiving and responding to members' messages by email
- Members will initiate contact with you using the Contact Moderators button on your Town page.
- You will receive an email notification that there is a message.
- Click on the link in the email, which will take you to the message online in My Messages/Contact Moderators
- Please note that you will NOT be able to reply directly to the email using your email program. This will result in an error message saying your email cannot be delivered. Clicking on the link and replying online is the ONLY way to reply to a member's message.
- Type your message and hit reply.
- The member will receive an email notification that there's a message from you and will click on the link to go to the message online in My Messages/Contact Moderators to read and reply.
Here's what the email looks like
And here's what the message thread looks like online
Receiving and responding to members' messages online
You may prefer to do all of your messaging online, without having to go back and forth to your email inbox. You can do that, although you'll see get the email notifications.
- Click on My Messages from your My Menu or the top navigation links on most pages
- Then click on Contact Moderators
- You'll see your group name. If there are unread messages that will be noted in green. Click on it to view and reply to the new message thread. From there, you can click on any username on the left to open other messages from members.