Reply to posts
You now have more options when it comes to replying to members' posts
Reply online on Freecycle.org
Please note that if the initial reply to a post is done online, then all correspondence about that reply will be through our online messaging system.
- Go to your Dashboard or My Towns to find posts that interest you, or click the Reply Online link in a post email.
- Click on the title of the post to view more details and additiona photos, then click the Reply button.
- Type your message in the box and click the Send button.
- The poster will receive a message in their My Messages and the two of you can send messages back and forth until you come to an agreement on the item in the post. We are working on improving the online messaging experience. See our list of Reported Issues and Questions for more details.
Click the Envelope icon, then on Replies to others' posts to see the list of posts you have replied to.
- Click the arrow to the right of each post to see and respond to the messages between you and the person who made the post
You can also reply by email
Please note that if the initial reply to a post is done by email, all correspondence will be by email. Currently, these messages do not appear in our online messaging system. We are working on being able to show email replies in the online messaging system in the future.
From an individual email Click the Reply by email link. This will create a response using your email application. Always use the link in the email. Hitting "reply" in your email application may result in an error message, depending on how your email application handles things.
From a digest email: Scroll down past the first list of post titles, and click the Reply by email button below the post you are interested in. This will create a response using your email application. Always use the link in the email. Hitting "reply" in your email application will result in an error message.